A small note on troubleshooting windows 7 file sharing issues:
A. Using the safe approach to use the share folder (If this works and you still want to share the folder for anonymous access go to next points)
1. Click on “Map Network Drive” in My Computer.
2. Enter the exact path of the shared folder in “Folder” field
3. Enter authentication credentials by clicking on link “Connect Using a Different Username”, and then type the full username
4. If any problem occurred, there might be a problem with firewall or the shared folder.
B. Make sure File and Printer Sharing is Turned On and Password Protected Sharing is Turned Off.
1. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
2. Go to the public profile and check the setting.
3. Type lusrmgr.msc in RUN. Make sure guest account is enabled.
C. Make sure Windows Group Policy is right.
1. Type gpedit.msc in RUN
2. Go to Computer “Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignment”
3. In policy “Access this computer from the network”, Check that EVERYONE is added to the list.
4. In policy “Deny access to this computer from the network”, and remove “GUEST” from the list.
D. Make sure the guest account is active and configure properly.
1. Open Command Prompt by typing CMD in RUN
2. Type the command “net user guest /active:yes”
3. Type the command “ntrights +r SeNetworkLogonRight -u Guest”
4. Type the command “ntrights -r SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u Guest”